Attorney for foreign born-individuals and small business owners
Our firm serves a diverse client base with matters regarding Personal and Workplace Injuries, Immigration, and Business Representation. Law Office of Hong-min Jun, distinguishes itself by providing aggressive, effective, and experienced representation to our clients that we represent.
We demonstrate our strong commitment by providing exceptional service to our clients with an experienced staff of lawyers, paralegals, and assistants, easily accessible office facilities, and consistent investments in staff development and technology.
HONG-MIN JUN, ATTORNEY AT LAW
Attorney Hong-min Jun was born in South Korea and obtained his Juris Doctors degree (J.D) in Indiana University School of Law in Indiana. He also has Master degrees in comparative law (MCL) from Indiana University School of Law and Graduate School of Kyung Hee University in Seoul.
Attorney Jun is admitted to practice law in the States of Illinois and Indiana. He is practicing almost every aspect of the immigration law since 2005. As he himself has been through the US immigration process to become a lawful permanent resident, he fully understands clients’ needs and their dreams and goals they want to achieve in the United States.
Attorney Jun has served many groups of immigrants, foreign nationals for their various needs and goals to name a few: investors, students, families, employers/companies/churches and employees/workers. Especially he has volunteered his times, knowledge and experience as an attorney for many foreign student groups across Midwest including Korean Student Associations for University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC), Ohio State University (OSU), University of Wisconsin, Cincinnati University, Indiana University at Bloomington (IUB), Purdue University and University of Kentucky (UK). Also, he has served as a director of Relations for Korean Scientists and Engineers of Indiana Chapter (KSEA- Indiana) and a mentor for K Movement of Korean Trading Agency in New York (KOTRA).
Attorney Jun has held numerous times of seminars at various venues in response to the requests from the groups. Those seminars focus on change of immigration laws and regulations, explanation about immigration options in general and H1b, OPT, National Interest Waiver (NIW), Marriage Green Cards, E2 and so on. However, his interest in helping immigrants being informed is not limited to immigration matters but also other areas of law including personal affairs such as Wills and Trusts, Divorce and Lease Agreement, DUI and car accident)
• Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington (LL.M)
• Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis (J.D)
• SK Group (formerly known Sunkyung) in South Korea.
• Stewart & Irwin / Of Counsel
• Schiller Law Offices / Associate attorney
• Law Office of Hong-min Jun / Founding Attorney
• States of Illinois and Indiana
• American Immigration Lawyers Association (ALIA) member
• Mentor for K-movement of KOTRA – New York
• Legal Counselor for Indianapolis Korean Commerce of Chamber
• Korean Student Association of Illinois University at Urbana Champaign
• Director of Korean Scientist and Engineers in America (KSEA), Indiana Chapter
• Legal counselor for University of Wisconsin- Chapter of Wisconsin
• Legal Adviser for Korean Association of Indiana
• Volunteer for Refugee Resettlement Center, Indianapolis
• Legal Information Session for Ohio State University, Korean International Student Organization (2018, 2019, 2020)
• Legal Information Session featured “How to apply for National Interest Waiver” for Korean Student Organization of University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. (2019, 2020); University of Kentucky Korean Student Organization (2016, 2019); Purdue University Korean Students (2015, 2018); KSEA of Wisconsin Chapter (2022)
• “Guides for Immigration Options after your graduation” for Northwestern University Korean Student Organization (2019), UIUC (2017, 2019), OSU (2018), Indiana University at Bloomington (2019); University of Cincinnati (2017, 2019), Korean Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA) of University of Wisconsin (2021), Ohio University Korean Student Organization (KISO) (2021)
• “E2: Pursue your entrepreneurial dream” for the Start-up club of Indiana University at Bloomington (2018)
• “Understanding OPT application procedures” in association of K-Movement with KOTRA New York Office.
Purdue University (2018); Indiana University Bloomington (2018)
• Key Note speaker for International Student Organization of Indiana University Bloomington (2020) “How to prepare for your future in the US”
• “Basics of Wills and Trusts for Immigrants” for the parishioners of Korean Presbyterian Church, Carmel, Indiana (2020); Cincinnati Korean Presbyterian Church (2016); Grace Korean Presbyterian Church, Indianapolis, Indiana (2016)
• “Ways to protect your business from legal actions” for Korean Chamber of Commerce in Indianapolis, Indiana (2014), Schaumburg Chamber of Commerce (2013)